“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
The Right Word Makes All the Difference for Miami Homes
Being a coastal city, Miami residents are no stranger to the excessive humidity or moist conditions that can facilitate mold growth in properties. As fast as these conditions can develop without you realizing, it can be overwhelming when it comes to choosing the right professionals to help remove the threat and return your home to normal. Are you looking for mold removal, or are you in need of remediation? While removal might seem like the obvious choice, it is also one that is impossible to offer property owners.
Misleading Power Terms That Intentionally Mislead Miami Homeowners
When you have discovered mold in your property, you want the situation to get taken care of as quickly as possible. 'Mold removal' is a term that gets thrown around without hesitation, but it is not as literal as it might sound. Terms like this get intentionally placed in website copy and social media pages to indicate that professionals can entirely remove all off the microbes and spores from your currently damaged property - but this would not only be astronomically priced, but likely impossible.
What Is Our Remediation Service?
Remediation focuses on the actual problems that exist on the property, including active colonization and the damp environments that encourage naturally-occurring spores in environments to seat and colonize.
- Offer long term moisture removal solutions
- Remove active colonies
- Clean-up damage debris
- Deodorize the affected areas
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (305) 269-8900
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (305) 269-8900
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Miami is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: