Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Information and Tips about Mold in Miami
The hot and humid subtropical setting of the Miami area provides a conducive environment for mold growth. Nestled close to the Gulf Stream Current, encompassing over 56 square miles, the moist air is always providing mold spores with sufficient water to develop into large colonies.
SERVPRO of South Miami has an extremely experienced team of AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians to minimize the impact of these unwanted fungi. What to do in the event you discover mold spots in your bathroom, or under the crawl space in your home is simple. Call in the experts, trained and equipped with the necessary machines, cleaning agents, antimicrobial products, to reduce the infestation to becoming a non-threat to your structural property, contents, and even your treasured heirlooms.
Prevention Is the Logical Direction--The Best Tip!
• Smell a musty or foul odor?
• Suddenly stains and spots appear in the tub enclosure?
• Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) doesn't seem right?
Second Best Tip? or Maybe #1--Stay Safe
Please pick up the phone and contact us for an inspection of your home, condo, or workplace. We can don PPE personal protective equipment when large colonies are discovered in the attic for uncovering the moisture source before we even attempt to remove the mold colonies.
Prevent Cross-Contamination Can Be Tip #3
Relocating items, hosing down spots, or trying to bleach away visible stains is never a good idea.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (305) 269-8900
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of South Miami for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of South Miami has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- South Miami
- Coral Gables
- Coconut Grove
- Coral Terrace
- Key Biscayne