Is Professional Extraction Better Than DIY Water Removal in South Miami?
Water Damage in your South Miami Home Needs SERVPRO
With our premier tools and educated technicians, we can offer a thorough drying process and return your South Miami property to its original condition faster than DIY approaches.
Saving money and time are vital efforts when you are combating a worsening water damage scenario in your Miami residence. Despite how tempting DIY approaches might appear, especially getting started immediately on restoring your home, there are several pitfalls that you might not be aware of when you begin. There are several reasons that professional restoration like our SERVPRO team can provide is more cost-efficient and time-saving than doing any of the work yourself.
The limited available equipment and techniques that property owners have can hinder doing the job as thoroughly as necessary. Instead of removing all of the standing water and much of the migrating moisture in wall spaces, homeowners are working with wet-vacs to remove only the water that they can see in high traffic areas.
What Should I Do with Standing Water?
You should be aware of many threats with standing water, such as allowing the migration of water damage throughout your home and deteriorating saturated materials like flooring and wall systems. For these reasons, it is essential to do what you can in the initial onset of water damage to protect some of your belongings that might later get irreparably damaged from water exposure when possible. Some of the steps that you can take when you recognize pooling water include:
- Contact Restoration Professionals – Our professionals can mobilize 24/7, meaning that whenever disaster strikes, we can roll out to help. We understand the sensitive timeline with water damage incidents, so we show up with powerful extractors and drying equipment to make a difference quickly.
- Clear Out Contents if Possible – Your belongings might become irreparably damaged when rising standing water leaves them exposed. If you can safely do so, it can be a considerable pre-mitigation step to move some of your treasured belongings to a safe area elsewhere in your home.
- Avoid Hazards Like Electricity – Health hazards are a considerable deterrent to DIY cleaning and restoration after a water damage incident, and shock hazards are among the most damaging of these. When standing water reaches electrically charged items or outlets, it could make the entire connected space dangerous.
What Tools Extract Water the Fastest?
Extraction is a vital element to water restoration, and this relies heavily on our SERVPRO team choosing the best water removal tools to get the job done. While dozens of machines and units can accomplish this in our inventory, we rely most on several specific types of extraction tools to address substantial standing water or even trapped moisture saturating areas like carpeting. These tools include:
- Submersible Pumps
- Wet Vacuums
- Weighted Extractors
What Can Specialty Drying Tools Recover In My Miami Home?
While air movers continue to be the beating heart drying sciences for our restoration professionals, other drying tools can also be substantially beneficial in specific situations. Specialty drying equipment can help to reduce the need for controlled demolition and later material replacement, which can save the customer time and money. Also, these tools ensure that the full extent of migrating moisture has gotten addressed and not just the surface damage that can be readily seen. Some of the specialty tools to accomplish this are:
- Positive Pressure System – Using a series of hoses attached to a machine, we can minimally infuse blasts of heated, dry air into structural cavities of ceilings and wall systems to evaporate trapped moisture in these areas to prevent unnecessary tear-out.
- Floor Mat System – Hardwood flooring is an everyday staple for many area homes and condos, making it vital to arrive with tools that can remove free water trapped in wood planks before the water binds with the molecular structure of the wood and allows it to warp or distort. Mats slowly draw out moisture at a controlled pace to ensure that wood flooring does not become overly dried.
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers – Desiccants are a unique addition to our dehumidification arsenal. They draw out moisture as you might expect and exhaust dry, heated air back into the workspace to aid in faster and more thorough drying.
We have experienced technicians who can help you through almost every mitigation, restoration, and reconstruction phase following substantial water damage incidents. With the right tools and expertise, our SERVPRO of South Miami professionals can make any disaster, “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (305) 269-8900.