If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (305) 269-8900

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Damage Restoration Experts in Coral Gables

5/24/2016 (Permalink)

A fire inside your Coral Gables home only results in extensive damage due to soot, smoke, and added toxins.

Fire Damage Restoration Experts in Coral Gables

Just what is fire? Fire emits heat and light. It is the outcome of a chemical reaction, called “combustion.” At a certain point in the combustion reaction, called the “ignition point,” flames are produced. Flames consist of carbon dioxide, water vapor, oxygen and nitrogen. In order for combustion and fire to transpire, there must exist the three triangle elements: fuel, oxygen, and heat.

U.S. statistics report that residential homes can expect to average a house fire every 15 years or five fires in an average lifetime. There is a 1 in 10 chance that someone in the home will suffer a fire related injury during their lifetime. The U.S. Fire Administration reported that there were 1,012 home fire fatalities reported between January 1, 2016, and May 17, 2016. Home structural fires generally occurs due to the following:

• Appliances used in cooking; heating; washing machines & dryers; air conditioners and fans; etc.
• Children playing with fire
• Candles
• Chemical and natural gas spontaneous combustion
• Electrical and consumer electronics
• Fireworks
• Holiday Christmas trees holiday lights and decorations.
• Lightning Fires and Strikes Information on incident type, and when and where the incidents occurred.
• Falling asleep while smoking where mattresses, bedding, and upholstered furniture could ignite.

Coral Gables residential fire incidents also occur in businesses, educational properties, health care facilities, prisons, storage areas, vacant buildings, retail stores, and industrial/manufacturing facilities. A fire inside your home only results in extensive damage due to soot, smoke, and added toxins. Water damage is also present, caused from the water used to put out the fire, all of which only increases the cost of restoration. Also, standing water creates an environment for mildew, dry rot, and mold growth.

Smoke odor permeates clothing, furniture, carpets, draperies, bedding, walls, household ducts and nearly everything within a home. DIY deodorizing and disinfecting after a fire does not completely restore internal residential belongings because if it is not done properly, smoke odor will return. Only professional residential restorers are trained in thermal fogging, using ozone generators and using chemical sealers to clear ducts, joints, and crevices. IICRC certified professionals use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.

Of course, there are fire safety devices that can be installed in Florida homes to help save your home and lives, such as fire sprinklers, smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. However, if a fire becomes uncontrollable, get everyone out of the house to a designated location. This is a very stressful and difficult time, and you will need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis.

We at SERVPRO of South Miami maintain specialized fire and water damage equipment, and we have the expertise to help you through this tough time. We are members of the community and are proud to serve our other communities, like Miami, Key Biscayne, and Fisher Island. This is why we will always treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care. If you experience a fire damage event, call us immediately at (305) 269-8900 so that we can restore your losses to a quality restored condition.

Other News

View Recent Posts